Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fly girls drink to their health!





Hello my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!



Today is todo para mi Thursday. It is a day that is all about you and for you! Today's focus is our salud (health). How many of us nenas, exercise or eat healthfully? Tu sabes, mi'ja like fruits and veggies. And no mi'ja, that cherry on top of your hot fudge sundae, does not count as a serving of fruit. Does your nena love to exercise? Of course not mi'ja. Does your nena like to eat? Um...yeah! It is in our cultura to love food as much as our pocket books. But thankfully, your nena has surrounded herself with good friends who actually like working out. Last year, your nena actually ran a 1/2 marathon, 13.1 miles of pure...(what the heck was I thinking???) But gracias a Diosito,


I actually finished without passing out. Thank goodness for my amigas who were there to motivate and hold your nena accountable. That's it! Right there, mi'ja. Find a workout buddy or two who can motivate you to exercise. My amigas and I really love this new form of exercise called "Zumba." Every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, your nena gets to shake her nalgitas to the sexy voice of Pit Bull. Our instructor even takes it way back to C&C music factory, where your nena imagines that she is a fly girl, wearing a hyper color crop top, with great abs to match, dancing for her life, just to dance with the sexy-beautifully-bald Wayans brothers. But alas, the music stops and your nena gets back to reality only to find that her six pack abs are actually just her lonha (stomach roll)! LOL But lonha or not, it is still a fun way to exercise. Your nena has even got back into running. So, find a form of exercise that you like and have a work out buddy to help you stick with it.




Now let's talk about our eating habbits. Your nena is not even gonna lie. This is the hard part for me mi'ja. I love taco bell and Wimpy's burgers just as much as the next gordita. And I can actually eat as much as my esposo, if it is the right time of the month. But should I be eating as much as the esposo? No. Why do I do it??? I don't know mi'ja, I just do. It just tastes sooooo good. Your nena is actually pretty good at eating fruits and veggies. Your nena tries to incorporate at least one healthy vegetable at dinner time. What helps your nena is an electric steamer. I steam broccoli, and asparagus in that thing, and occasionally some frozen tamales! LOL But here is where your nena is going to try and improve.




1. I am going to try and use a salad plate for dinner instead of a dinner plate.




2. When I must, I will order a kid's meal or smaller version of what I usually eat at a fast food restaurant. Que Diosito me ayuda, especially at Taco Bell.



3. Your nena is going to drink to her health. (Mi amiga, told me all about this great green drink, that she swears by.) And no mi'ja it's not a mojito, it is a cocktail full of antioxidants for your skin. Anything to get skin like J.Lo's, que no?



I think these three things are all your nena can handle for right now. Giving up my pepsi? C'mon now mi'ja, lets not get crazy. My ALS (Angry Latina Syndrome) has not kicked in for a while, so let's not let that gata out of the bag just yet.



shaking her nalgitas and drinking to her health,



tu fly girl para siempre,



The Latin Marrrta Stewart ;)



P.S. Here is a recipe for a green drink that was borrowed from Dr. Oz.



Ingredients:



2 cups of spinach



2 apples



2 cups of cucumber




juice of 1 lime



juice of 1/2 a lemon




1 bunch of parsley



1 head of celery



1/2 inch. or teaspoon of ginger root



Directions: Blend all the ingredients together and serve chilled. Salud!




















No comments:

Post a Comment