Buenos Dias my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!
Your nena has received requests for her Chicken Tortilla Chip caldito. Entonces, here it is mi'ja!
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 roasted chicken, skin removed and shredded
2 large carrots, diced
2 tablespoons of fresh, minced cilantro
1 tablespoon of cumino (cumin)
1 tablespoon of chilli powder
1 can of spicy v-8 juice
1 can of corn, water drained
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 can of mexican style stewed tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeded for less heat, (Your nena leaves the seeds in)
2 bay leaves
2 boxes of chicken stock
shredded mexican cheese blend or cotija cheese
tortilla chips broken into bite size pieces
1. Heat the oil in a soup pot, saute onion, chile and carrots on medium high heat, until tender about 4 minutes, add garlic and saute for 2 minutos mas.
2. Pour in chicken stock, tomato sauce, v-8 juice, stewed tomatoes, can of corn. Add bay leaves, cumino, chilli powder, and cilantro. Add the shredded pollo.
3. Bring to a boil, and then turn heat down and let simmer for about 30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour caldito, in your favorite bowl. Top with cilantro, cubed avocado, sprinkle of queso, and tortilla chips.
This is one of your nena's favorite calditos. On a cold, rainy noche, this caldito is Souper Yummy, and will warm your familia's hearts, and fill their pancitas.
Tu nena para Siempre,
The Latin Marrrta Stewart ;)