Monday, July 12, 2010

ALS "Angry Latina Syndrome,"


Why Hello, my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!


Today's topic for our SSML blog is "ALS," or better known as "Angry Latina Syndrome." So, the Esposo and I just watched this movie called "Diary of a Tired Black Man," in which a "tired black man", writes in a daily diary about his life perils with his wife, who suffers from, you got it nena, "Angry Black Woman Syndrome." He calls himself a "tired black man," because he is tired of her B.S. But of course, the hombre is made out to be a santito (saint) and his woman, is depicted as a rude, aggressive, unappreciative "angry black woman." So no matter what the man did, he was always the victim of "Angry Black Woman Syndrome," in which his woman basically curses him out for not doing things "her" way. This got me to thinking nena, are our men victims of "ALS?" (Angry Latina Syndrome). Is my hubby the victim of Angry Latina Syndrome? Hell yes, he is nena! For 4 days out of the month, the poor guy is a victim. Pero, I don't think I've ever cursed him out. Pero por que? Why do our men and sometimes familias have to put up with ALS? Well....To get to the heart of this matter, we gotta go wayyy back mi'ja. Let's go back 2 generations. Our abuelas and mothers suffered from ALS. My Abuela suffered from ALS. Still does nena. God bless, her, she is in a nursing home now. Pero, don't think that the nurses and other residents have not felt the wrath of her "ALS". Especially an unsuspecting Guerita [white lady] who was her roommate . About a year ago, the familia was told by my Grandma's nurse that she took a whack of la Guerita. Whacked her right in the face! Y por que, mi'ja? They were fighting over a wheelchair, nena. (Bueno, so that you understand the situation a little better, my Grandma doesn't speak English, and the Guerita did not speak Spanish. But I am pretty sure my Grandma cursed her out in Spanish before whacking her). Your nena's mom suffers from ALS. When growing up, I never remembered my Mama being calm about anything. If a tomato wasn't chopped just right...Y'jole! "Why did you chop it like that!? Did I tell you to chop it like that!? I'm so sure...you girls better learn how to chop that tomato !" Yes, nena, we were yelled at for not chopping a tomato just the way Mama wanted it, never mind she never took the time to show us how to chop a tomato before her ALS would errupt! And that brings us to me. Since I have no children to feel the wrath of my ALS, the hubby gets it. ME: "Didn't you see that nail in the road!? Are you serious! You just ran over a nail! Did we not just buy new tires?!" HIM: I'm sorry, I didn't see it." ME: You never see the nail, you always do this! That's why we can't have nice things! Por que no cuidas! (Because you don't take care of things). It's bad I know. Something as insignificant as a wheelchair, tomato, or nail, all of a sudden, because of our Angry Latina Syndrome turns our world upside down. Last month, your nena backed her Toyota Camry out of the garage and "whack," the side view mirror was completely shattered. Did the Esposo, rant and rave with his "Angry Latino Syndrome?" No mi'ja, he was perfectly calm. But he did say, just remember if I would have done this, how would you have reacted? He was right, mi'ja. I would've been all over him. So, my challenge for the week is to control my ALS. If you or yo man, suffer from the wrath of your ALS, take the challenge to control your ALS. Let's not drive them away from us for being angry. No nena, instead let's build them up instead of kicking them when they are down. After, all that is what being a Super Sexy Modern Latina is all about, making ourselves better and our familias better.


Here is my pledge: "I nena, (Insert name here) do by promise to control my Angry Latina Syndrome, by remaining calm and not yelling at my Esposo or children today. I will treat them with kindness and respect, be patient and understanding."


God help your nena and her ALS because it is that time of the month again! :/


Besitos! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment