Friday, July 16, 2010

Freaky Friday: A Romantic Picnic for 2 or maybe 3 or 4?


Good Morning my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!


Today is the day we have all been waiting for, drum roll please.....FREAKY FRIDAY!!!! After a stressful week for both me and my hubby, I thought it would be nice to plan a romantic picnic for just the two of us. If you have a familia, you can substitute and call this Family Friday. But just remember, you and your sweetie deserve a Freaky Friday by yourselves at least once a month. Okay? Okay. Bueno, here is my plan for planning my surprise picnic for my sweetie. If you live in Central Cali where it will be a scorching 104 degrees outside, an outdoor picnic does not sound that appealing. So! I have decided to take my romantic picnic indoors, in a nice air conditioned 78 degree living room. Hey, it can still be romantic right? If that doesn't sound appealing, maybe wait until night time and you can have a night picnic. If you can afford it, or live near by, sneak away to the beach or lake. The most important thing is that you two are together. So here is what we will need to plan our romantic picnic:


The Grand Scheme:

Okay, mi'ja. This is a fun and cute idea, if you have the nerve. My esposo does this every once in awhile and I melt each time. 1) Call him up, and pretend like you are calling him up for a date for the very first time. Weird? No! It is so cute! And I guarantee you he will love it. Say something like "Hi is this...(Insert his name here)?, this is (your name here), I was wondering if your not doing anything later, if you'd want to hang out with me tonight? You would? Okay great, come by about 7:00. I will have something planned for just the two of us" You can also call your kids up for a family date. A special phone call just for them, asking them out on a family picnic would be totally cute mi'ja! 2) Totally surprise him: Wait till he gets home, and have your picnic all set up and ready to go, so when he walks in, he walks into a candlelight picnic with romantic music. There are other ways, and these two might be old fashioned, but are the most fun, I think.


ATMOSPHERE:

Since this is going to be a picnic, you will need 1) A picnic basket. You can pack your plates and utensils in here, and if it is big enough, your food. You will also need 2) a nice pretty quilt or blanket to sit on. 3)Candles to set the mood and add a romantic glow. 4) Mood Music. Mood music is everything nena! Play some of your favorite love songs. Or songs that played while you were dating. By the way mi'ja, the song "Twisted," by Keith Sweat was one of the songs that I remember played on the radio when I dated my honey, and I was shocked to hear it on the (Insert scary music here) Thun-thun-thun!!! Oldies station? Really? When did that song become an oldie? I mean wasn't 1998 just a year ago? No? Y'jole! I feel.....O'....no, I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it. Okay, okay, back to our picnic. Anyways...nena, yes, mood music can serve as a nostalgic reminder of when the two of you dated. It can instantly bring you back to the time when you were both so skinny that you could fit onto a college dorm twin bed, without falling off or accidentally slapping each other in the face. LOL Ahhh, memories.


MENU:

Okay, so for the comida try something elegant. If it were up to my hubby a pizza picnic would fit the bill just right. But...it's not very romantic. But if you have a familia, this might be okay. Here is what my menu is going to look like 1)roasted chicken, 2) baguette french bread 3) bruschetta 4) colorful pasta salad, 5) Fresh Strawberries with whip cream, 6) Sparkling apple cider (You can opt for wine if you like, I would usually have wine, but your nena will be doing a long run tomorrow for my 1/2 marathon, and being all cruda (hung over) the next day would not be Super Sexy! LOL So!


You can make the menu anything you like. Maybe something out of the ordinary, but that still tastes good. Most romantic picnics consist of wine, cheese, fruit and baguette bread, but if your esposo is like mine, fruit and bread is not gonna cut it for him. And chances are, if he's not well fed, he'll be cranky the whole time.


What to do after we eat?

Well mi'ja, this is the time to talk. Talk about your dreams and hopes for the future. Reminisce about old times. This is NOT the time to talk about your money worries, stressful job, or how come he hasn't fixed the tail light on your car that's been out for a month. No nena, this is the time to fall in love with your sweetie again. Here are some topics of conversation:

1) What was your favorite memory of when we were dating?

2) I remember when I first saw you I loved your......(If you wanna say budunkadunk, that is totally fine! This would get a good laugh and keep the mood fun and light. Everyone needs to laugh, que no?)

3) Or remember when....(In my case, we ditched class to go to magic mountain only to find out it was closed!) LOL, yes nena, even though I had my college roommate cover for me, I swear my Mama knew the whole time and had Magic Mountain shut down! LOL

4) What do you think would be a fun hobby to do or business to start?

5) What have you always wanted to do, but haven't done yet?


* Okay mi'ja, as you are doing this, make sure that you two are cuddled in each others arms. It is nice to hold each other as you are talking.* Don't forget to end the night with a besito and to tell your sweetie that you love them. If that besito leads to anything else, well....I think you can handle it from there! LOL


If you have a familia, this would be a good time to play a board game on the floor with your little ones. End the night by having each member of the family say 1 nice thing about each other and telling that family member I love you. Remember to hug your babies and tell them you love them! I tell my dog child every night that I love him! ;)


Well my Super Sexy Modern Latinas, I hope that your Freaky or Family Friday Picnic is a success!


Besitos! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm going to try that and I will report back how it all turns out. Those are wonderful ideas. Thanks Mari!

    ReplyDelete