Thursday, July 15, 2010

Todo Para Mi Thursday: Eyebrow Threading



Good morning my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!




Today is Todo Para Mi Thursday! Yay!!! Yes, that means that today is our day! A day of beauty for all you Super Sexy Modern Latinas! Today, mi'ja we are going to be talking about "Eyebrow Threading." My hermana discovered this practice when we were away at college. She found this really cool Indian woman, who would thread eyebrows at the local Gottschalks store. I was a little skeptical at first, but when I saw my hermana's caterpillar eyebrows emerge into beautiful J.Lo eyebrows, I was stunned! Mi'ja it was love at first sight! I couldn't believe how clean her eyebrows looked and how just the mere shape of her eyebrows made her eyes pop! (In a good way!) LOL Bueno, a little history lesson for you. Threading was a trend started in India, and is an ancient method of hair removal. A long cotton thread is used to trap the hair, and a twisting motion, pulls the hair out of the follicle. Chale, nena! It is amazing!! But! It is an art form and takes years of practice, so don't be fooled by posers. So, if you are going to get it done, have it done by someone who has years of practice. The benefits of threading are that there are no hot waxes involved. Only a thread and the skill of your eyebrow artist is used. Threading can be done to the eyebrows, upper lip, chin, and side burns. Threading is said to be less painful than waxing. (Let me tell you from experience nena, it doesn't hurt. You may just feel a little bit of discomfort. But no pain, no gain! Que no? Also, in my experience, you must help out the artist by stretching the skin under your eyebrow so that the skin is nice and tight, so that the artist can give you a better threading.)




The last time I got my eyebrows threaded was for my wedding. As we all know, Gotschalks closed and I lost track of our eyebrow groomer. :( So, I did not keep up with it. But I am feenin for some fly lookin eyebrows. So, in order for me to have my cejas (eyebrows) in tip top condition before your nena heads back to work in August, I am sacrificing my beauty, by letting my eyebrows grow out into bushy caterpillars. So if you see your nena, out in public, don't be afraid! It is only temporary, but the after affects will be well worth it.




So, why not try something new?




Besitos! ;)




P.S. How are our nails and tender tootsies looking? Is it time to give them some love and attention? Bueno, get on it mi'ja! Tomorrow is Freaky Friday!!! Stay tuned for what I have planned.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I've seen those people who eyebrows at the Visalia mall. I think it's neat and want to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete