Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Talk to me Tuesday: Bag Lady What's in yo bag?


Good morning my Super Sexy Modern Latinas!


Today is Talk to me Tuesday. And our topic for today, is what's in yo bag? Yes mi'ja! What do you think are important things to have in your purse? And then a little later on, I'm going to ask you to be brave and tell us what is exactly in your purse. Aye mi'ja! I'm scurred!!! Because if your like your nena, my purse is not only a purse, but also my briefcase, lunch bag, and man purse for the esposo, and dogie bag for the dog child.


Also, I have become obsessed with classy women and how to become one. As I was poking around on the interrrrrrnet, I found a site that came up with a list of traits that almost every classy woman possesses. Some I agreed with, some I didn't agree with so much. But one of the ones I did agree with was that every classy woman should be versed in more than one language. Thanks to my abuela, I know Spanish and because of my profession I know a little bit of American Sign Language. But! I would love to learn the Italian language! Partly because I think it would be easy to learn as some of the words are pretty similar to Spanish. So every Tuesday on Talk to me Tuesday, I will introduce you nenas to a new Italian word or phrase to learn. Yay!!! Bueno, back to our Talk to me Tuesday topic: What are some important things that should be in your purse? Here is a list of things I think should be in every woman's purse. Let a nena know if you agree or if I missed something. Some things are obvious like your wallet and keys but here are some others:


1. Travel size favorite fragrance or lotion to freshen up with.

2. Compact mirror.

3. Hand Sanitizer.

4. Hairband and a few bobby pins.

5. Lip gloss or lipstick.

6. Cash for emergencies only!!

7. Pad or tampon.

8. Aspirin or Advil.

9. Small sewing kit or safety pins, (for that button that has been clinging on for dear life and finally pops off).

10. Pen with a small note pad.

11. Pocket size tissue.


Okay mi'ja so there it is! Now for the Scurry part, what is really in my purse? Inquiring minds might want to know: Okay here goes, don't laugh too hard:


So the first thing I found in the side pocket of my bolsa (purse) $2.83 to be exact. The next thing I found in the same side pocket was an old crusty chocolate valentine heart. Oh....kay.... LOL! 2 Lipsticks and a Sephora lip gloss, (which Sephora gave me for my birthday and is fabulous I must add!) Okay now for what was exactly inside the main area of my purse: a toothpick, a pair of hoop earrings, a rubber band, a tiny rubber band, a pen, the ball point of a pen...(not sure what happened to the other half of it)hmmm... a mystery...., a metal Altoid's box with 9 mint flavored Altoids! Score!! A baby shower invitation, A...Camp.... Rock... rub... on... tattoo....??? What the heck! LOL A cough drop, a mint from Sizzlers, an empty carton of trident gum, 3 empty gum wrappers, a loose trident gum (in the wrapper) geez I'm not that much of a cochinita (little pig), a running route, a hot pink hi-liter, file cabinet keys to work, keys to my Honda with a library key card attached, case for my glasses, a Christmas notepad sheet, 8 various receipts, a grocery list, a to do list, and last but not least, but certainly the most embarrassing: (drum roll please)..................Fortune cookie crumbs!!!!! (okay so I am a cochinita!LOL) Okay my SSSMLs, I shared what was in mine, do you dare share what's in yo bag? And don't go and clean out your purse before you share mi'ja! LOL Just bare it all!!! It is so liberating!!! I think I know what our topic is going to be for Sin Verguenza Wednesday.


So....What's in yo bag?



Italian greetings: (For the correct pronunciation of these greetings go to the following website: www.zapitalian.com/Italian-Phrasebook/Greetings/greetings.html


Ciao! (chow) means hello or goodbye.


Buongiorno (bone jorrrrno) means Good morning!


Super Duper embarrassed by my messy purse

Tu nena para siempre,


The Latin Marrrta Stewart


Besitos! (That's Spanish for kisses) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment